.MaddowBlog: White House dramatically changes its story about Pres. Trump, USS McCain.
It was just a few days ago when we learned about emails the White House sent to the U.S. Navy, directing military officials to move the USS John McCain “out of sight” ahead of Donald Trump’s visit to Japan. In the days that followed, the reaction from the president and his team has followed a circuitous path.
“A request was made to the U.S. Navy to minimize the visibility of USS John S. McCain, however, all ships remained in their normal configuration during the President’s visit,” Rear Admiral Charlie Brown, chief of information, said in a statement to NBC News. All of which led to yesterday, when acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney decided to embrace the central tenet of the report that his boss had denounced a few days earlier. This was the exchange yesterday morning between Mulvaney and NBC News’ Chuck Todd on “Meet the Press”:
MULVANEY: Look, I’ll answer your question. An advance team is hundreds of people. You know this better than anyone, you’ve been overseas with the president of the United States. The fact that some 23 or 24-year-old person on the advance team went to that site and said “Oh my goodness, there’s the John McCain” we all know how the president feels about the former senator, maybe that’s not the best backdrop, can somebody look into moving it. That’s not an unreasonable thing to ask.
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
White House Wanted USS John McCain ‘Out of Sight’ During Trump Japan VisitThe White House wanted the Navy to move a warship named for the late Sen. John McCain, a war hero who became a frequent target of President Trump’s ire, ahead of the president’s visit to Japan last week.
Weiterlesen »
White House, Navy exchanged emails about keeping USS McCain out of Trump's sightThe White House Military Office and lower level Navy officials exchanged emails about moving the US Navy warship the USS John McCain ahead of President Donald Trump's recent Japan visit, according to two US Navy officials.
Weiterlesen »
Trump says he was not told of request to move USS John McCain 'out of sight'U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he was unaware of any effort to move the USS John S. McCain that was stationed near the site of his recent speech in Japan. A U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed to Reuters that an initial request had been made to keep the John McCain
Weiterlesen »
House passes disaster relief bill, sending it to White House for Trump's signatureThe House of Representatives passed a multi-billion dollar disaster relief bill Monday, sending the measure to the White House for President Donald Trump's signature. The vote was 354-58.
Weiterlesen »
White House wanted McCain's name covered on ship during Trump trip, but Navy refusedNEW: 'I didn't know anything about it,' Pres. Trump tells KFaulders on U.S.S. McCain controversy. 'They thought they were doing me a favor, because they know I'm not a fan of John McCain.'
Weiterlesen »
Trump won't leave White House 'voluntarily' if he loses 2020 election, predicts GOP candidate William Weld'He'll have a run at saying, 'It was a rigged game so I'm not leaving,'' said Weld.
Weiterlesen »
Trump announces White House lawyer Emmet Flood will leave June 14thPresident Donald Trump announced that White House lawyer Emmet Flood will officially leave his post on June 14th. Flood's work in the White House largely focused on the Russia investigation.
Weiterlesen »
Trump is 'absolutely deadly serious' about Mexico tariffs, says acting White House chief of staff'I fully expect these tariffs to go onto the at least 5 percent level on June 10th,' Mick Mulvaney said.
Weiterlesen »
Trump 'deadly serious' about Mexico tariffs, White House official saysActing White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney gave a stern warning about President Trump's upcoming decision to whether to impose tariffs on Mexican goods in retaliation to illegal immigration. “He is absolutely, deadly serious,” Mulvaney said on “Fox News Sunday.” “In fact, I fully expect these
Weiterlesen »