Veteran N.Y. judge named as arbiter in Trump Mar-a-Lago probe

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

Veteran N.Y. judge named as arbiter in Trump Mar-a-Lago probe
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 denverpost
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 33 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 72%

A federal judge on Thursday appointed a veteran New York jurist to serve as an independent arbiter and review records, including highly classified documents, that were seized during an FBI search of former President Donald Trump’s Florida home last month.

WASHINGTON —

The order lays the groundwork for an expected Justice Department challenge to a federal appeals court. The department had given Cannon until Thursday to put her order on hold, and said it would ask the Atlanta-based 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to intervene if she did not do so then.

In that role, Dearie will be responsible for reviewing the entire inventory of documents taken during the search of Mar-a-Lago — the FBI says it recovered more than 11,000 documents from the home during its search, including roughly 100 with classification markings — and segregating out any that may be covered by claims of privilege.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

denverpost /  🏆 13. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen



Render Time: 2025-04-05 06:51:53