Venezuela opposition leader Juan Guaidó has traveled to Colombia to participate alongside Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in a regional counter-terrorism meeting.
Opposition leader Juan Guaido holds a session at a theater in the El Hatillo neighborhood after opposition lawmakers' vehicles were attacked by government supporters while driving to the National Assembly in downtown Caracas, Venezuela, Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020. It's the second time this month that lawmakers have been barred from from the building that houses the only branch of government out of control of President Nicolas Maduro's government.
Opposition leader Juan Guaido holds a session at a theater in the El Hatillo neighborhood after opposition lawmakers' vehicles were attacked by government supporters while driving to the National Assembly in downtown Caracas, Venezuela, Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020. It's the second time this month that lawmakers have been barred from from the building that houses the only branch of government out of control of President Nicolas Maduro's government.
From Bogota, Guaidó plans to travel to Europe and then possibly the U.S., two people close to the opposition leader said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss his travel plans. While Guaidó's itinerary in Europe is unknown, he'll be traveling there as President Donald J. Trump is scheduled to attend Jan. 21-22 the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. That could set the stage for a first meeting between Guaidó and Trump on the sidelines of the annual gathering of the world's business and political elite.
Colombian President Iván Duque welcomed Guaidó in a tweet on Sunday and said he would hold a"working meeting" with him later.
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
Pompeo breaks silence on alleged threats to envoy in UkraineSecretary of State Mike Pompeo has broken three days of silence over the alleged surveillance and threats to the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine
Weiterlesen »
U.S. will work to determine if ex-ambassdor Yovanovitch was under threat - PompeoThe U.S. State Department will do everything necessary to determine whether form...
Weiterlesen »
U.S. House committee renews push for Pompeo Iran testimony, subpoena threatA U.S. House of Representatives committee renewed a threat on Friday to subpoena...
Weiterlesen »
Pompeo denies knowledge of any surveillance on Yovanovitch but says US will investigate“I suspect that much of what’s been reported will ultimately prove wrong, but our obligation...is to make sure that we evaluate, investigate,' Pompeo says. Ukrainian police announced earlier this week they were investigating the alleged surveillance.
Weiterlesen »
Pompeo breaks silence on alleged threats to envoy in UkraineSecretary of State Mike Pompeo broke nearly three days of silence over alleged surveillance and threats to the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, saying he believed the allegations would prove to be wrong but that he will investigate the matter.
Weiterlesen »