US-owned Haas terminate Russian racer Mazepin’s contract

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

US-owned Haas terminate Russian racer Mazepin’s contract
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 nypost
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 60 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 27%
  • Publisher: 67%

Nikita Mazepin will not race in Formula One this season after his US-owned Haas squad severed ties with the 23-year-old and title sponsor Uralkali over his country’s invasion of Ukraine.

The only Russian on the grid, he would have been allowed to race in a neutral capacity, according to a decision by the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council.

But his participation in individual races would have been in doubt, especially after Motorsport UK banned Russian and Belarusian license holders from competing in the country, raising the prospect of other national motorsport federations doing the same. Hass driver Nikita Mazepin steers his car during a Formula One pre-season testing session at the Catalunya racetrack in Montmelo, just outside of Barcelona, Spain on Feb. 25, 2022.Haas finished at the bottom of the constructors’ standings last year and were the only team not to score a point after choosing to forgo development of their car to focus on their 2022 challenger designed to this year’s drastically overhauled rules.

But Mazepin’s performances were also underwhelming, with the Russian outperformed by teammate Schumacher.Haas F1 team also severed ties with sponsor Uralkali, owned by Nikita Mazepin’s father Dmitry.Formula One on Thursday said it will no longer race in Russia after terminating its Russian Grand Prix contract, originally set to expire in 2025.Formula One will hold its final pre-season test in Bahrain from March 10 to 12. The season gets underway in the island kingdom on March 20.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

nypost /  🏆 91. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

U.S. finance firms urged to sever ties with Russian oilU.S. finance firms urged to sever ties with Russian oilPressure is building on U.S. financial firms to respond to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine by ditching their investments in both Russia and its fossil fuel sector
Weiterlesen »

Live updates: US remains resistant to banning Russian oilLive updates: US remains resistant to banning Russian oilWhite House press secretary Jen Psaki on Friday reiterated that the Biden administration remains resistant for now on banning Russian oil imports, raising concerns that such a ban could have a negative impact for U.S. and European economies
Weiterlesen »

Pelosi supports halting Russian oil imports to US: 'Ban it'Pelosi supports halting Russian oil imports to US: 'Ban it'House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she supports banning Russian oil imports to the U.S. Amid the escalating war in Ukraine, Pelosi she's “all for” blocking Russian oil.
Weiterlesen »

US embassy calls Russian attack on Ukrainian power plant ‘war crime’US embassy calls Russian attack on Ukrainian power plant ‘war crime’The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv accused the Russian troops who attacked the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant in Enerhodar, Ukraine, of committing “a war crime.”
Weiterlesen »

Ukraine invasion leads US lobbyists to ditch Russian clientsUkraine invasion leads US lobbyists to ditch Russian clientsA half-dozen U.S. lobbying firms have severed ties with Russian-linked businesses over the past week.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 11:44:45