UK's Harry and Meghan to drop titles and retire as working royals

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 29 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 97%

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan will no longer be working members of Britain’s royal family and will cede their “Royal Highness” titles. The couple will no longer receive public funds

“It is harder to think of a much cleaner break than this. Harry and Meghan are still members of the Royal Family, but they are effectively no longer royal”, the BBC’s royal correspondent, Jonny Dymond, said.A palace spokeswoman said the couple would no longer receive public money and that they would repay the cost of refurbishing their cottage in Windsor, which official figures show amounted to 2.4 million pounds .

However, in a TV interview aired in October, both had made it clear how they were struggling with the immense media attention. Harry said he felt his wife had faced “bullying” from some tabloids. The changes will come into effect in the spring of this year, the palace said, and there will be further royal engagements before the new arrangement is implemented, although it was not clear whether Meghan would be involved.

It was not immediately clear whether the couple could continue to use the “Sussex Royal” title for their website and branding.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Queen Elizabeth Reveals Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Will Repay Renovation Money on Their U.K. Family HomeIt was previously announced that the royal staffers who worked at Frogmore Cottage were being moved to different posts
Weiterlesen »

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Arrangement After Royal Exit Will Last for a Year, Source SaysThe new arrangements for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, which were announced by Queen Elizabeth, will be reviewed in a year, a royal source tells PEOPLE
Weiterlesen »

Prince Harry, Meghan to give up 'royal highness' titlesPrince Harry, Meghan to give up 'royal highness' titlesPrince Harry and his wife, Meghan, will no longer use the titles "royal highness" or receive public funds under a deal struck Saturday for them to step aside as senior royals, Buckingham Palace said Saturday.. The palace said Harry and Meghan will cease to be working members of the royal family
Weiterlesen »

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Will No Longer Use Their Royal TitlesPrince Harry and Meghan Markle Will No Longer Use Their Royal TitlesPrince Harry and Meghan Markle will no longer use their official titles, according to Buckingham Palace's website
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 11:52:05