Trump refused calls from top officials to shut down false fraud claims

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

Trump refused calls from top officials to shut down false fraud claims
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 axios
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 34 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 63%

The Jan. 6 panel's goal for public hearing 2 was to reveal how deliberately Trump peddled election conspiracies and contradicted facts that were clearly presented to him. They did so by having those in his inner circle provide the evidence themselves.

, but he continued to push the "Big Lie" anyway according to witnesses and taped depositions featured during the second public hearing of the Jan. 6 committee.The committee's Day 2 goal was to reveal how deliberately the former president peddled election conspiracies and contradicted facts that were clearly presented to him.

“I told the president myself that several times, in several conversations, that these allegations about ballots being smuggled in a suitcase and run through the machines several times, it was not true.”, the former U.S. district attorney in Atlanta who abruptly resigned before the Jan. 6 riot, said he was asked by Barr to investigate Giuliani's voter fraud claims in Georgia and was "unable to find any evidence of fraud which affected the outcome of the election.

"I didn't mind being categorized as part of Team Normal," Stepien said in a previously taped deposition with the panel.a former Trump White House official and adviser,

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

axios /  🏆 302. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Trump 'gleefully' watched TV on Jan. 6 and 'did nothing': Adam KinzingerTrump 'gleefully' watched TV on Jan. 6 and 'did nothing': Adam KinzingerThe GOP congressman said Sunday that 'the only person in charge that made those calls' to the National Guard was Vice President Mike Pence.
Weiterlesen »

Jan. 6 panelists find that there is enough evidence uncovered to indict TrumpJan. 6 panelists find that there is enough evidence uncovered to indict TrumpRep. Adam Schiff says the Justice Department should be investigating “any credible allegation of criminal activity” by Trump. Trump has denied all wrongdoing.
Weiterlesen »

Ex-Trump campaign manager to testify at second Jan. 6 hearingEx-Trump campaign manager to testify at second Jan. 6 hearingLast week's hearing included testimony from former Trump administration officials and eyewitness retellings of Jan. 6.
Weiterlesen »

Trump 'morally' but not criminally responsible for Jan. 6: GOP's HutchinsonTrump 'morally' but not criminally responsible for Jan. 6: GOP's HutchinsonThe Arkansas governor said Sunday that he believes the Republican Party needs to learn from its failures that day and work to improve.
Weiterlesen »

Jan. 6 committee: Enough evidence found to indict TrumpJan. 6 committee: Enough evidence found to indict TrumpCommittee members indicated their most important audience ultimately may be Attorney General Merrick Garland.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 20:41:14