It's been ... bizzare
Photo: Victoria Jones/Getty Images After the palace confirmed that Queen Elizabeth II had tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday, it was inevitable that people would start to speculate about what would happen if the 95-year-old monarch died. However, it’s safe to say that no one expected the truly bizarre saga that unfolded next, involving a death hoax published by the pop culture tabloid Hollywood Unlocked, a Vogue editor’s wedding, and also a ’90s rock band.
It also didn’t line up with Instagram’s fact-checking policy, apparently, because once Hollywood Unlocked put up a second post about the queen’s death, the app flagged it as false information. On Wednesday, Hollywood Unlocked seemed to have changed its tune, at least on Twitter, where an account with its name wrote that an intern had mistakenly published a drafted post and called the error an “embarrassing situation.” They sent “deepest apologies” to the royal family.
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
The COVID Symptoms Keeping Queen Elizabeth From Some Royal Duties — Best LifeFollowing Queen Elizabeth's diagnosis with COVID-19, she has canceled more engagements due to ongoing symptoms.
Weiterlesen »
Queen Elizabeth II holds virtual weekly meeting with Prime Minister after Covid-19 diagnosisBritain's Queen Elizabeth II spoke with UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Wednesday, a Buckingham Palace spokesperson said, despite the monarch suffering mild symptoms after her positive Covid-19 diagnosis.
Weiterlesen »
Queen Elizabeth still has COVID symptoms, postpones two virtual audiences, palace saysBuckingham Palace says Queen Elizabeth II has postponed two virtual audiences as she continues to experience cold-like symptoms from COVID-19.
Weiterlesen »
Queen Elizabeth II Reportedly Had One Critique of Kate Middleton Before Her Engagement to Prince WilliamAny concerns Queen Elizabeth II might've had about Kate are now a thing of the past.
Weiterlesen »
British queen still has COVID symptoms, postpones audiencesQueen Elizabeth II postponed two virtual audiences as she continued to experience cold-like symptoms from COVID-19, Buckingham Palace said Thursday. It was the second time this week that Elizabeth, 95, had canceled virtual sessions. The monarch's age, COVID-19 diagnosis and a health scare last year have caused worry among officials and the public.
Weiterlesen »