Sudan protesters say 40 bodies pulled from Nile

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

Sudan protesters say 40 bodies pulled from Nile
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 trtworld
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 44 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 63%

Sudan protest leaders dismiss calls for talks with army after bodies found in Nile push crackdown death toll to 100

Bricks are laid by protesters to block a street in Sudan's capital Khartoum to stop military vehicles from driving through the area. June 5, 2019.

Including these fatalities, the death toll has climbed to 100 since the violent dispersal of a sit-in outside the military's headquarters in Khartoum on Monday. "We open our hands to negotiations with all parties ... for the interest of the nation," Burhan said, adding that those responsible for the violent break-up of the demonstrators' sit-in in the capital, Khartoum, would be held accountable.

Saudi Arabia said it is watching developments in Sudan with great concern and it supports continued dialogue between the ruling military council and the opposition. Sudan's opposition Democratic Alliance of Lawyers on Tuesday urged "some Arab countries" not to interfere in Sudanese affairs and to drop their support for the military council - comments apparently aimed at Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

trtworld /  🏆 101. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Sudanese protesters: Death toll in military crackdown at 60Sudanese protesters: Death toll in military crackdown at 60KHARTOUM, Sudan (AP) — Organizers of the pro-democracy protests in Sudan say the death toll across the country since the violent dispersal of their sit-in in Khartoum earlier this week has...
Weiterlesen »

General's growing political clout poses a risk to Sudan's transitionGeneral's growing political clout poses a risk to Sudan's transitionSix weeks after a coup d'etat in Sudan, high-profile military leader Genera...
Weiterlesen »

The Latest: Germany condemns deaths of protesters in SudanThe Latest: Germany condemns deaths of protesters in SudanKHARTOUM, Sudan (AP) — The Latest on the Sudanese military's moves against a sit-in protest camp in the capital (all times local) 1:30 p.m. Germany is condemning violence in Sudan that...
Weiterlesen »

Death toll rises to 50 following Sudan crackdownDeath toll rises to 50 following Sudan crackdownAt least 50 people are dead and 326 injured after troops stormed the main camp of pro-democracy protesters in Sudan's capital Monday, according to the Central Committee of Sudan Doctors (CCSD).
Weiterlesen »

Death toll in Sudan violence rises to 60, doctors' group saysDeath toll in Sudan violence rises to 60, doctors' group saysThe death toll in Sudan had earlier been put at 35 while a doctors group linked to the opposition says the number of people killed has risen significantly to 60.
Weiterlesen »

Death toll in Sudan violence rises to 60, doctors' group saysDeath toll in Sudan violence rises to 60, doctors' group saysThe number of people killed since security forces stormed a protest camp outside...
Weiterlesen »

The Latest: US, Norway, UK criticize Sudan's ruling militaryThe Latest: US, Norway, UK criticize Sudan's ruling militaryKHARTOUM, Sudan (AP) — The Latest on developments in Sudan (all times local): 11:40 a.m. The United States, Norway and Britain have issued a joint statement condemning the Sudanese...
Weiterlesen »

At least 35 dead as Sudan troops move against democracy protestersAt least 35 dead as Sudan troops move against democracy protestersSudanese security forces opened fire, torched tents as they cleared away the months-old sit-in that was demanding the military yield power to a civilian transitional body.
Weiterlesen »

More than 30 dead after Sudan forces disperse sit-inMore than 30 dead after Sudan forces disperse sit-inSudanese security forces opened fire, torched tents as they cleared away the months-old sit-in that was demanding the military yield power to a civilian transitional body.
Weiterlesen »

Sudan troops attack pro-democracy protest camp, killing 13Sudan troops attack pro-democracy protest camp, killing 13Sudanese security forces attacked a protest camp in the capital, opening fire, torching tents and killing at least nine as the soldiers largely cleared away the sit-in aimed at pressuring the military to yield power, witnesses and protest leaders said.
Weiterlesen »

At least 13 dead as Sudan military rulers break up sit-inAt least 13 dead as Sudan military rulers break up sit-inSudanese security forces opened fire, torched tents as they cleared away the months-old sit-in that was demanding the military yield power to a civilian transitional body.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 19:10:22