State Dept confirms death of 2nd American in Ukraine war

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

State Dept confirms death of 2nd American in Ukraine war
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 cleveland19news
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 26 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 68%

The department said Tuesday that Stephen Zabielski had died in Ukraine and that it is in touch with his family to provide consular support and assistance.

The department did not provide a date or the circumstances of his death but an obituary published in his hometown newspaper said Zabielski, 53, had died on May 15. The Recorder in Amsterdam, New York, where Zabielski had lived until 2018, said he had been killed while fighting in the village of Dorozhniank, Ukraine.

Zabielski is at least the second American to have been killed in combat in Ukraine. In late April, Willy Joseph Cancel, a 22-year-old former Marine from Tennessee was killed fighting in Ukraine. In brief comments about Zabielski, the State Department reiterated longstanding advice it has given to Americans not to travel to Ukraine for any reason due to the fighting.

Ukrainian forces perform the task of disposing of unexploded munitions dropped across the region during Russian airstrikes.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

cleveland19news /  🏆 70. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

State Dept confirms death of 2nd American in Ukraine warState Dept confirms death of 2nd American in Ukraine warThe State Department is confirming the death of a U.S. citizen in Ukraine who is believed to be only the second American to have been killed in the conflict there.
Weiterlesen »

American Stephen Zabielski killed in Ukraine, State Department confirmsAmerican Stephen Zabielski killed in Ukraine, State Department confirmsThe U.S. State Department has confirmed the death of an American national who traveled to Ukraine and was killed in battle against invading Russian forces.
Weiterlesen »

Second known American killed fighting in UkraineSecond known American killed fighting in UkraineThe US State Department confirmed the death of an American citizen in Ukraine whose obituary said he died in mid-May while fighting in the war there.
Weiterlesen »

Second US Citizen Killed in Ukraine Combat, State Dept. SaysSecond US Citizen Killed in Ukraine Combat, State Dept. SaysStephen Zabielski, 52, of Hernando, Florida, was killed May 15 while fighting in Ukraine, according to an obituary
Weiterlesen »

American fighter in Ukraine glad to see friends alive, even in captivity, warns against underestimating Russia's militaryAmerican fighter in Ukraine glad to see friends alive, even in captivity, warns against underestimating Russia's militaryOne of the Americans still on the front lines in Ukraine's war-torn east tells CBS News that if he could talk to his captured comrades, he'd apologize to them.
Weiterlesen »

Captured American fighters purportedly held by Russian-backed separatists in DonetskCaptured American fighters purportedly held by Russian-backed separatists in DonetskTwo American volunteers fighting for Ukraine were taken into detention by Russian-backed separatists in Donetsk after being captured last week, according to Russian state media.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 02:40:59