South Korea likely to miss its 2030 renewable energy target: WoodMac

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

South Korea likely to miss its 2030 renewable energy target: WoodMac
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 Reuters
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 26 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 97%

South Korea is likely to miss its 2030 renewable energy target even though the c...

SEOUL - South Korea is likely to miss its 2030 renewable energy target even though the country’s renewables capacity is expected to triple from 2019, consultants Wood Mackenzie said on Wednesday.

In 2017, the country’s energy ministry released its power plan through 2030 amid growing calls to improve the country’s air quality and fears over atomic power. The plan calls to increase the amount of renewable power in the country’s energy mix to 20 percent by 2030 from 6 percent, reducing its dependence on coal and nuclear.

“South Korea will be achieving 17 percent, instead of hitting the 20 percent target but it is indeed very close,” he said. “South Korea’s renewables target is ambitious.”

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

Reuters /  🏆 2. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

South Korea staffs liaison office despite North Korea pull outSouth Korea staffs liaison office despite North Korea pull outA convoy of dozens of South Korean officials left for an inter-Korean liaison of...
Weiterlesen »

Seoul: North Korea withdrew staff from liaison officeSeoul: North Korea withdrew staff from liaison officeSEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korea says North Korea has withdrawn its staff from an inter-Korean liaison office in North Korea. The development came after the second U.S.-North Korea...
Weiterlesen »

Seoul: North Korea withdrew staff from liaison office
Weiterlesen »

North Korea withdraws from office shared with South as tensions riseNorth Korea withdraws from office shared with South as tensions riseThe liaison office opened last year to improved relations between the Koreas, but that could be hampered a month after U.S.-North Korea talks collapsed.
Weiterlesen »

North Korea pulls out of liaison office with the South in blow to warming tiesNorth Korea pulls out of liaison office with the South in blow to warming tiesPresident Moon Jae-in has been pushing hard for improved ties with the north.
Weiterlesen »

A Whistleblower Leaked Messages From A South Korean Celebrity Group Chat And Now There’s A New #MeToo MovementA Whistleblower Leaked Messages From A South Korean Celebrity Group Chat And Now There’s A New #MeToo MovementWomen in South Korea are having their voices heard through social media, and there’s fresh hope men will be held accountable for their actions.
Weiterlesen »

South Korea pays for vast U.S. Army base expansion, but Trump wants it to pay moreSouth Korea pays for vast U.S. Army base expansion, but Trump wants it to pay moreRather than drawing down, the U.S. military has built its most modern base anywhere at Camp Humphreys south of Seoul, even as President Trump complains South Korea should pay more.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 20:18:48