New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says that she welcomes Facebook Inc's decision to ban white nationalism and white separatism on its social media platforms
New Zealand's Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern waves as she leaves after the Friday prayers at Hagley Park outside Al Noor mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand on March 22, 2019. New Zealand Prime MinisterJacinda Ardern said that she welcomed Facebook Inc's decision to ban praise, support and representation of white nationalism and white separatism on its social media platforms.
Tarrant is accused of the worst mass shooting in the country's history, and is next due in court on April 5. Christchurch police launched an urgent investigation on Wednesday to find out whether a man who died after an early morning stand-off with armed officers had links to the mosque attacks which killed 50 people.
The ban, issued Saturday, means anybody caught with the document on their computer could face up to 10 years in prison, while anyone caught sending it could face 14 years. Some say the ban goes too far and risks lending both the document and the gunman mystique. Shanks had earlier placed a similar ban on the 17-minute livestream video the killer filmed from a camera mounted on his helmet during the shootings. He said researchers and journalists could apply for exemptions from both bans.
The incident was being investigated as arson and a possible hate crime, said police in the city about 48 kilometres north of downtown San Diego. A support fund on New Zealand site GiveaLittle.co.nz had received $5,689,028 from more than 91,000 donors as of Sunday, while LaunchGood.com, a global crowdfunding platform focused on Muslims, had netted $1,751,118 from over 40,000 donors.
Prince El Hassan bin Talal of Jordan, who visited the Al Noor mosque, said the attack assailed human dignity.Earlier on Saturday, about 3,000 people walked through Christchurch in a "march for love" as the city seeks to heal from its tragedy. Ardern and thousands of others congregated in leafy Hagley Park opposite the Al Noor mosque in Christchurch to observe the call to prayer at 1:30 pm .
"Every semi-automatic weapon used in the terrorist attack on Friday will be banned in this country," Ardern told a press conference. Bush said they believe they know where the terrorist was going but won't say more because it's an active investigation. 50 people were killed and another 50 injured when a white supremacist from Australia went on a shooting spree inside two mosques in the city. Father Khaled Mustafa and his 15-year-old son Hamza were carried in open caskets on the shoulders of mourners into a large tent at Christchurch's Memorial Park Cemetery on Wednesday, the first of the 50 victims to get buried. prayers, the Mustafas – wrapped in white cloth, were laid inside a freshly dug grave facing Mecca.
Heavily armed police stood watch with flowers tucked in their firearm holsters and attached to their high powered rifles. Police said in a statement that their "absolute priority is to get this right and ensure that no mistakes are made."Ardern vowed on Tuesday never to utter the name of the twin-mosque terrorist as she opened a sombre session of parliament with "as salaam alaikum," a message of peace to Muslims.
She closed her address with "Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh – May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be with you too." Naeem Rasheed, one of the victims who tried to stop the attacker and secure his fellow Muslims, has been declared a hero by Pakistani government and the international media.
The statement said Tarrant was travelling by himself when he entered Hungary, did not appear on any terrorist databases, had not been flagged by authorities elsewhere and would have been allowed to stay in Hungary for up to 90 days without a visa. "Today was also agreed that there will be an inquiry to look at the specific circumstances leading up to the Christchurch mosques terror attack on March 15.
Under New Zealand law, if Tarrant pleads not guilty his case would normally go to trial, raising the possibility that he could face survivors and victims' families in court.
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announces ban of all assault rifles after mosque shooting massacreHillary Clinton praises New Zealand's new proposed gun laws, including an assault rifle ban, in wake of mosque shooting massacre.
Weiterlesen »
'We are one' says PM Ardern as New Zealand mourns with prayers, silenceThe Muslim call to prayer sounded out over Christchurch and around New Zealand o...
Weiterlesen »
New Zealand PM announces royal commission inquiry into Christchurch...Ten days after New Zealand's worst mass shooting, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announces a royal commission of inquiry into events running up to the attack and what, if anything, could have been done to prevent it. Rough cut (no reporter...
Weiterlesen »
New Zealand PM announces royal commission inquiry into Christchurch attackNew Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced on Monday a royal commission...
Weiterlesen »
After mosque attacks, New Zealand bans 'military-style' gunsCHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand (AP) — New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Thursday announced a ban of 'military-style' semi-automatic firearms and high-capacity magazines like those used in...
Weiterlesen »