Philippine kids back in school after 2 years lost to COVID-19

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

Philippine kids back in school after 2 years lost to COVID-19
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 latimes
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 42 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 82%

Millions of students in face masks streamed back to primary and secondary schools across the Philippines for their first in-person classes in two years

The CDC has updated its COVID-19 guidance in an effort to make things less confusing to Americans. Here’s what the agency recommends.

Despite many concerns, education officials gave assurances that it’s “all-systems go” for Monday’s resumption of classes, he said. The Philippines was one of the Southeast Asian countries hit worst by the pandemic. Former President Rodrigo Duterte enforced one of the world’s longest. Before his six-year term ended June 30, Duterte continued to reject calls for a resumption of in-person classes due to fears it might ignite new outbreaks.

A World Bank study last year showed that about 9 out of 10 children in the Philippines were suffering from ““Prolonged school closures, poor health risk mitigation, and household-income shocks had the biggest impact on learning poverty, resulting in many children in the Philippines failing to read and understand a simple text by age 10,” UNICEF Philippines said in a statement.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

latimes /  🏆 11. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen



Render Time: 2025-04-03 05:46:21