Pelosi calls Trump’s tweet aimed at Omar ‘beneath the dignity of the Oval Office’

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

Pelosi calls Trump’s tweet aimed at Omar ‘beneath the dignity of the Oval Office’
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 washingtonpost
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 20 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 11%
  • Publisher: 72%

During an appearance in London, the House speaker said presidents should not use the 9/11 attacks as a “political tool.”

By John Wagner John Wagner National reporter leading The Post's breaking political news team Email Bio Follow April 15 at 3:10 PM House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Monday that it was “beneath the dignity of the Oval Office” for President Trump to have shared a video on Twitter of Rep. Ilhan Omar spliced with footage of the burning twin towers from the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

“I don’t think any president of the United States should use the tragedy of 9/11 as a political tool,” Pelosi said, adding that she is “proud” of her Democratic colleagues.Trump shared the video, along with the caption “We Will Never Forget,” on Friday after a controversy emerged over comments made by Omar at an event last month sponsored by the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

washingtonpost /  🏆 95. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Pelosi calls on Trump to take down his tweet of Omar videoPelosi calls on Trump to take down his tweet of Omar videoWASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced Sunday that she has taken steps to ensure the safety of Rep. Ilhan Omar following President Donald Trump's retweet of a video that purports to show the Minnesota Democrat being dismissive of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Weiterlesen »

Pelosi calls on Trump to take down tweet of 9/11 video attacking Rep. Ilhan OmarPelosi calls on Trump to take down tweet of 9/11 video attacking Rep. Ilhan OmarNancy Pelosi announced she's taken steps to ensure the safety of Ilhan Omar following President Trump's retweet of a video that purports to show the Democrat being dismissive of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. She also called on Trump to take down the video.
Weiterlesen »

Pelosi calls on Trump to take down his tweet of Omar videoPelosi calls on Trump to take down his tweet of Omar videoHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi says she has taken steps to ensure the safety of Rep. Ilhan Omar after President Donald Trump retweeted a video that purports to show the Minnesota Democrat being dismissive of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Weiterlesen »

Pelosi: Capitol Police working to ‘safeguard’ Omar after Trump 9/11 tweetPelosi: Capitol Police working to ‘safeguard’ Omar after Trump 9/11 tweetPelosi: U.S. Capitol Police working to ‘safeguard’ Omar after Trump 9/11 tweet
Weiterlesen »

Nancy Pelosi boosts security for Ilhan Omar, demands Trump delete 'hateful' 9/11 tweet about congresswomanNancy Pelosi boosts security for Ilhan Omar, demands Trump delete 'hateful' 9/11 tweet about congresswomanHouse Speaker Nancy Pelosi demanded President Donald Trump take down the 'dangerous' video showing Minnesota congresswoman Ilhan Omar alongside clips of the September 11 terrorist attacks.
Weiterlesen »

Trump escalates his attacks on Omar after Pelosi ups her securityTrump escalates his attacks on Omar after Pelosi ups her securityTrump escalated his verbal attacks on Rep. Ilhan Omar less than 24 hours after Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced she's seeking protection for the Minnesota congresswoman due to increased death threats following tweets from the president
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 19:18:29