NJ Man Convicted of Killing Family in New Year's Eve Quadruple Murder as Teenager

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

NJ Man Convicted of Killing Family in New Year's Eve Quadruple Murder as Teenager
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 NBCPhiladelphia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 69 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 31%
  • Publisher: 51%

A New Jersey man has been convicted on murder and weapons charges in the grisly New Year's Eve shooting deaths of his parents, sister and a family friend when he was 16.

The 20-year-old who killed three members of his own family and another woman on New Year's Eve 2017 could be sentenced to four life sentences in prisonA New Jersey man was convicted on murder and weapons charges Thursday in the grisly New Year's Eve shooting deaths of his parents, sister and a family friend when he was 16, prosecutors said.

Following a two-week trial, Scott Kologi, now 20, was found guilty on all counts surrounding the shootings deaths of four people with a high-powered rifle in his family's Long Branch home on Dec. 31, 2017. He faced four counts of first-degree murder and a second-degree weapons offense. Kologi shot and killed his 42-year-old father Steven and 44-year-old mother Linda, as well as his 18-year-old sister, Brittany, and his grandfather's companion, 70-year-old Mary Schulz, just before midnight. Authorities say the defendant's brother and grandfather and another friend were in the house at the time of the shooting but escaped unharmed.

Kologi was arrested at the scene, where a semi-automatic rifle used in the shooting was also recovered. He had previously entered a not guilty plea and was initially charged as a juvenile, but the case was later moved to adult court. "The jury’s verdict confirms that Scott Kologi was responsible for his decisions and actions on the night that culminated with him killing four members of his family,” Acting Prosecutor Lori Linskey said. “This trial hinged on issues of mental health and the responsibility of this defendant ... In recognizing the criminality of the defendant’s actions, we also recognize that this is a tragedy for all of the family members who are left to mourn this tremendous loss.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

NBCPhiladelphia /  🏆 569. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Navy SEAL candidate Kyle Mullen remembered with funeral in Manalapan, New JerseyThe 24-year-old will be remembered at St. Thomas More Church in Manalapan, where he was a high school football star.
Weiterlesen »

New Jersey cops seek help identifying body found at waterfront parkPolice released a facial-reconstruction sketch of the dead woman, who was found in Carteret in Middlesex County, while asking for any clues to help identify her.
Weiterlesen »

Driver pleads guilty to fleeing Christmas Eve crash that killed 81-year-old womanRobert Alcazar-Sanchez, 27, of Jackson, pleaded guilty to knowingly leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident resulting in the death of Phyllis Shtab, 81, of Howell.
Weiterlesen »

More charges brought against former New Jersey baseball coach accused of sexually assaulting preteenMore charges brought against former New Jersey baseball coach accused of sexually assaulting preteenA former New Jersey baseball coach and landscaping business owner accused of sexually assaulting a preteen is facing additional charges after four more victims came forward.
Weiterlesen »

This 4,000-year-old skull just received a new faceUsing reconstructive technology, archaeologists have brought to life the appearance of a woman who once roamed the forests of what is now northern Sweden
Weiterlesen »

Utah reports 627 new COVID-19 cases Thursday; 5 new deathsUtah reports 627 new COVID-19 cases Thursday; 5 new deathsThe Utah Department of Health on Wednesday reported 627 new COVID-19 cases and five additional deaths.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 05:02:25