National Archives apologizes for altering Women's March photo after backlash

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

National Archives apologizes for altering Women's March photo after backlash
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 Newsweek
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 66 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 30%
  • Publisher: 52%

The word 'Trump' was removed from protesters' signs, as well as references to women's private parts.

published its original story, that it regretted the alterations to the 2017 photo.

"As the National Archives of the United States, we are and have always been completely committed to preserving our archival holdings, without alteration," the press release read."In an elevator lobby promotional display for our current exhibit on the 19th Amendment, we obscured some words on protest signs in a photo of the 2017 Women's March. This photo is not an archival record held by the National Archives, but one we licensed to use as a promotional graphic.

The Associated Press reported that the American Civil Liberties Union has encouraged the National Archives to provide a more thorough explanation for the photo's alteration. A picture from the 2017 Women's March on Washington, the day after Donald J. Trump's inauguration as president of the United States, in Washington DC on January 21, 2017."Apologizing is not enough," said ACLU deputy legal director Louise Melling in a statement."The National Archives must explain to the public why it took the Orwellian step of trying to rewrite history and erasing women's bodies from it, as well as who ordered it.

The press release from the National Archives stated that the exhibit had been removed and that it would be replaced soon with one featuring an unaltered image.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

Newsweek /  🏆 468. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

The National Archives Say They 'Made A Mistake' By Censoring Images From The Women's MarchThe National Archives Say They 'Made A Mistake' By Censoring Images From The Women's MarchThe National Archive recently revealed that it had censored Women's March protest signs mentioning Trump in a federal display, and protesters are speaking out against it.
Weiterlesen »

Blurring 'Trump,' other words in Women's March photo was mistake, National Archives saysBlurring 'Trump,' other words in Women's March photo was mistake, National Archives saysThe U.S. National Archives and Records Administration says it 'made a mistake' by blurring the word 'Trump' as well as 'words that referenced parts of a woman's body' in a photo showing protest signs from the 2017 Women’s March.
Weiterlesen »

National Archives removes exhibit that altered images of Women's MarchNational Archives removes exhibit that altered images of Women's MarchThe U.S. National Archives, home to foundational documents such as the Bill of R...
Weiterlesen »

National Archives apologizes for altering image critical of TrumpNational Archives apologizes for altering image critical of TrumpThe National Archives apologizes on Saturday after admitting to digitally altering a photo that criticized President Trump and other references deemed inappropriate.
Weiterlesen »

Washington Post: National Archives admits to altering photo of 2017 Women's MarchWashington Post: National Archives admits to altering photo of 2017 Women's MarchThe National Archives admitted to altering a 2017 photograph of the Women's March to censor signs referencing women's anatomy and President Donald Trump's name, according to The Washington Post.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 23:58:43