MLB, players resume talks, 5 days after openers canceled

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

MLB, players resume talks, 5 days after openers canceled
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 WTVYNews4
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 49 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 51%

Major League Baseball and its locked-out players resumed negotiations, five days after Commissioner Rob Manfred canceled opening day on March 31.

NEW YORK — Major League Baseball and its locked-out players resumed negotiations on Sunday, five days after Commissioner Rob Manfred canceled opening day on March 31.

Deputy Commissioner Dan Halem and Executive Vice President Morgan Sword arrived at the midtown Manhattan office of the players’ association shortly before noon for the first face-to-face session since talks broke off Tuesday in Jupiter, Florida. Baseball’s ninth work stoppage had become its second-longest and was in its 95th day.

While the sides made progress during nine straight days of bargaining, including 16 1/2 hours of talks that started Monday, they remained far apart on the key issues of luxury tax, minimum salary and the size of the new bonus pool for pre-arbitration-eligible players.Manfred canceled the first two series of each team, saying there would be insufficient training time. That added two more complicated issues to bargaining: lost salary for players and lost service time.

MLB says players will not get credit for either during lost regular-season days. The union said it will fight for both as part of a deal.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

WTVYNews4 /  🏆 590. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

While questions loom over the MLB lockout, college baseball takes the mound at Minute Maid ParkWhile questions loom over the MLB lockout, college baseball takes the mound at Minute Maid ParkABC13 breaks down the MLB lockout, college baseball in Houston, and the start of spring football for the Houston Cougars.
Weiterlesen »

MLB players launch $1 million fund for its workers impacted by the MLB lockoutMLB players launch $1 million fund for its workers impacted by the MLB lockoutThe money will be distributed to stadium workers and staff — including concession crews, electricians, janitors, ushers, security and transportation staff in addition to its broadcast crews.
Weiterlesen »

MLB cancels more spring-training games, pushing the schedule back to at least March 18MLB cancels more spring-training games, pushing the schedule back to at least March 18Daily News | MLB cancels more spring-training games, pushing the schedule back to at least March 18
Weiterlesen »

Padres prospect Steven Wilson among players caught in middle of MLB lockoutPadres prospect Steven Wilson among players caught in middle of MLB lockoutPadres reliever Steven Wilson signed for $5,000, made less than $20,000 last year and now driving for Uber to make ends meet during baseball's lockout
Weiterlesen »

MLB Lockout to ‘Definitely Hurt' Obvious Shirts' Wrigleyville StoreMLB Lockout to ‘Definitely Hurt' Obvious Shirts' Wrigleyville StoreObvious Shirts founder Joe Johnson had his storefront’s Opening Day scuttled when MLB canceled Cubs Opening Day.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 12:44:16