Man who stormed Capitol with gun sentenced to more than 7 years in prison

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

Man who stormed Capitol with gun sentenced to more than 7 years in prison
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 abc13houston
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 54 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 63%

A Texas man convicted of storming the U.S. Capitol with a holstered handgun helmet and body armor was sentenced on Monday to 87 months - more than seven years - in prison, the longest sentence imposed so far among hundreds of Capitol riot cases.

Prosecutors said Guy Reffitt told fellow members of the Texas Three Percenters militia group that he planned to drag House Speaker Nancy Pelosi out of the Capitol building by her ankles, "with her head hitting every step on the way down," according to a court filing.

Justice Department prosecutors recommended a 15-year prison sentence for Reffitt, who already has been jailed for approximately 19 months. They said he was a militia group member who intended to drag lawmakers out of the building and take over Congress to stop the certification of the Electoral College vote.Sentencing guidelines calculated by the court's probation department called for a sentence ranging from nine years to 11 years and three months.

Videos captured the confrontation between outnumbered Capitol police officers and a mob of people, including Reffitt, who approached them on the west side of the Capitol.& Wesson pistol in a holster on his waist, carrying zip-tie handcuffs and wearing body armor and a helmet equipped with a video camera when he advanced on the officers, according to prosecutors.

Guy Reffitt was a member of the Texas Three Percenters militia group, according to prosecutors. The Three Percenters movement refers to the myth that only 3% of Americans fought in the Revolutionary War against the British.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

abc13houston /  🏆 255. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Texas Man Who Stormed Capitol With Gun on Jan. 6 Gets 87 Months in PrisonTexas Man Who Stormed Capitol With Gun on Jan. 6 Gets 87 Months in PrisonGuy Reffitt was the first person to go on trial for the Jan. 6, 2021, attack, in which supporters of then-President Donald Trump halted the joint session of Congress for certifying Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral victory.
Weiterlesen »

Guy Reffitt, Texas man who brought gun to Capitol on Jan. 6, set to be sentencedGuy Reffitt, Texas man who brought gun to Capitol on Jan. 6, set to be sentencedProsecutors are seeking a 15-year sentence for Reffitt, who was the first Jan. 6 defendant to be convicted at trial.
Weiterlesen »

Guy Reffitt, Texas man who brought gun to Capitol on Jan. 6, sentenced to 87 months in prisonGuy Reffitt, Texas man who brought gun to Capitol on Jan. 6, sentenced to 87 months in prisonThe sentence of more than 7 years is the longest related to the Jan. 6 attack to date.
Weiterlesen »

The murder of Bridget Townsend; South Texas Crime StoriesThe murder of Bridget Townsend; South Texas Crime StoriesIn a new episode of our true crime podcast, South Texas Crime Stories peels back the layers on the case of Bridget Townsend, a teenager in Bandera whose murder went unsolved for two years. While her killer has now confessed, the case continues to evolve.
Weiterlesen »

Thrill seekers flood Six Flags Fiesta Texas for opening of world’s steepest dive coasterThrill seekers flood Six Flags Fiesta Texas for opening of world’s steepest dive coaster‘Exhilarating’: Thrill seekers from near and far flood Six Flags Fiesta Texas for opening of world’s steepest dive coaster
Weiterlesen »

Uvalde, Texas: Final victim of mass shooting discharged from San Antonio hospitalUvalde, Texas: Final victim of mass shooting discharged from San Antonio hospital10-year-old Mayah Zamora was surrounded by dozens of applauding family, friends and staff when she walked out of a San Antonio hospital more than two months after being shot.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 00:08:25