The policy update comes as Gascón is facing a second effort to recall him. It was the second significant policy shift last week, with the DA issuing his statement over the long holiday weekend.
“After her sentencing in our case, I became aware of extremely troubling statements she made about her case, the resolution of it and the young girl that she harmed,” Gascón said. “If we knew about her disregard for the harm she caused we would have handled this case differently,” the DA added.If a prosecutor does want to charge a juvenile as an adult, Gascón said a request must be submitted in writing.
An internal committee will then evaluate the request before it can proceed. “This process ensures that only in the rarest of cases, where our system has failed, will we diverge from our principles,” Gascón said.juveniles would not be tried in adult courtThe policy update comes as Gascón is facing a second effort to recall him. It was the second significant policy shift last week, with the DA issuing his statement over the long holiday weekend.
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
Gascón says 2 years may not be enough incarceration time for child sex assailantSunday’s statement by LA County’s district attorney follows his move Friday to back away from two of his controversial directives.
Weiterlesen »
Trans child molester Hannah Tubbs gloats over light sentence from Gascón in jailhouse phone callsExplicit jailhouse recordings of Hannah Tubbs, the 26-year-old trans child molester who received a slap on the wrist last month after pleading guilty to molesting a 10-year-old in 2014, depict her admitting it was wrong to attack a little girl but gloating over the light punishment. LA County DA George Gascón's policies allowed for the light sentencing in the 2014 attack.
Weiterlesen »
Five dead in Commerce City apartment likely overdosed on fentanyl, DA saysBreaking news: Preliminary testing suggests that the five victims believed they were ingesting cocaine Sunday and did not realize the drug had been laced with fentanyl
Weiterlesen »
Alec Baldwin may not have pulled trigger in deadly \nshooting on 'Rust' set: DAAlec Baldwin may have fired the shot that killed “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins without pulling the gun’s trigger, a New Mexico prosecutor says.
Weiterlesen »
Album Review: Lost Cat Magnet, Charles Russell, and Tiago da SilvaALBUM REVIEW: freaksamor and friends' avant-garde jazz trio project that sounds like multiple simultaneous conversations on the same wavelength.
Weiterlesen »
Alec Baldwin may not have pulled trigger in Rust set shooting, says DACinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed, at the age of 42, on set of film Rust after a gun being held by actor Alec Baldwin wounded her
Weiterlesen »