Judge to OK $18 million settlement between Activision Blizzard and the federal government.

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

Judge to OK $18 million settlement between Activision Blizzard and the federal government.
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 axios
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 61 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 28%
  • Publisher: 63%

A settlement between Activision and the federal government over sexual misconduct at the company is all but a done deal, after a federal judge said in court today that she intended to sign off on it.

Activision Blizzard workers protest during a walkout last fall. Photo: David McNew/AFP via Getty Imagesover sexual misconduct at the company is all but a done deal, after a federal judge said in court today that she intended to sign off on it.The agreement will not end courtroom fights over years of alleged sexual misconduct and discrimination at the makers of Call of Duty and World of Warcraft, but it would start a phase of increased oversight and recompense.

Claimants must have worked at Activision on Sept. 1, 2016, or later and have a “viable” sexual harassment, pregnancy discrimination or related retaliation claim.The settlement is largely the same as it was when the publisher and the feds announced itBut it was subject to review by U.S. District Judge Dale Fischer, who requested changes along the way, including clarity that women who brought complaints against Activision could go public about them, even if the company was gagged from doing so.

California has claimed the settlement would authorize Activision to destroy documents , was too small and would force claimants to forgo their right to sue Activision in the future if they agreed to receive victims' fund compensation. The EEOC disputed this, saying the release only covers overlapping claims, not issues of pay.At today’s hearing, a lawyer for California said the department planned to appeal the “substance” of the consent decree.

The state also has its own lawsuit ongoing against Activision, an effort undermined by EEOC’s contention that California’s lawyers acted improperly.. The settlement would survive the purchase if it is approved, an EEOC rep told Axios.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

axios /  🏆 302. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Judge Approves Activision Blizzard’s $18M Settlement In EEOC Sexual Harassment LawsuitJudge Approves Activision Blizzard’s $18M Settlement In EEOC Sexual Harassment LawsuitActivision Blizzard said Tuesday a federal court will approve its $18 million settlement with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission over a lawsuit charging sexual harassment and retaliation. …
Weiterlesen »

Gowdy: How constructive was Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson's confirmation hearing in the Senate?Gowdy: How constructive was Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson's confirmation hearing in the Senate?Fox News host Trey Gowdy offered his perspective on last week's confirmation hearing of Supreme Court nominee Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson on 'Sunday Night in America.'
Weiterlesen »

Judge sees likely Trump crimes, orders release of emails to Jan. 6 panelJudge sees likely Trump crimes, orders release of emails to Jan. 6 panelA federal judge asserted it is 'more likely than not' that former President Trump committed crimes in his attempt to stop the certification of the 2020 election.
Weiterlesen »

Trump likely committed felony obstruction, federal judge rulesTrump likely committed felony obstruction, federal judge rulesA federal judge ruled that Trump 'more likely than not' attempted to illegally obstruct Congress when he tried to subvert 2020 election on Jan. 6, 2021
Weiterlesen »

Judge sees likely Trump crimes, orders release of emails to Jan. 6 panelJudge sees likely Trump crimes, orders release of emails to Jan. 6 panelA federal judge asserted it is 'more likely than not' that former President Trump committed crimes in his attempt to stop the certification of the 2020 election.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 17:42:10