'Irreparable harm': Justice Department warns against further delay in Trump documents probe

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

'Irreparable harm': Justice Department warns against further delay in Trump documents probe
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 NBCNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 62 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 28%
  • Publisher: 86%

'Irreparable harm': Justice Department warns against further delay in Trump documents probe.

seized at his Florida resort, while a magistrate judge unsealed some previously redacted information relating to the FBI's search of Trump's club.

The filing noted that the documents had"markings signifying that their unauthorized disclosure 'reasonably could be expected to result in damage to the national security,' including 'exceptionally grave damage,'" and it said any delay causes"irreparable harm" to the government and the public.

Furthermore, the government argued: “Even if Plaintiff had declassified these records, and even if he somehow had categorized them as his 'personal' records for purposes of the PRA [Presidential Records Act] — neither of which has been shown — nothing in the PRA or any other source of law establishes a plausible claim of privilege or any other justification for an injunction restricting the government’s review and use of records at the center of an ongoing criminal and national security...

Justice Department officials said at the time of their June 3 visit that about 50 boxes remained in the room, as well as a"coat rack with suit jackets" and"interior decor items such as wall art and frames." Investigators said Trump's lawyers wouldn’t let them look inside the boxes during the visit, according to the Justice Department's court filings.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

NBCNews /  🏆 10. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

‘Irreparable Harm': DOJ Warns Against Further Delay in Trump Documents Probe‘Irreparable Harm': DOJ Warns Against Further Delay in Trump Documents ProbeThe Justice Department on Tuesday blasted efforts by former President Donald Trump’s lawyers to delay its investigation into classified documents seized at his Florida resort while a magistrate judge unsealed some previously redacted information relating to the FBI’s search of Trump’s club. “Plaintiff (Trump) has characterized the government’s criminal investigation as a ‘document storage dispute’ or an ‘overdue library book scenario.’ In doing…
Weiterlesen »

Trump attorneys argue seized documents were not classified and Mar-a-Lago is secureTrump attorneys argue seized documents were not classified and Mar-a-Lago is secureAttorneys for former President Donald Trump filed court documents on Monday seeking to stop the Justice Department from resuming its review of classified materials seized from his Mar-a-Lago residence.
Weiterlesen »

Trump lawyers oppose Justice Department request on classified documentsTrump lawyers oppose Justice Department request on classified documentsFormer President Donald Trump's attorneys on Monday opposed a U.S. Justice Department request to immediately resume examining the contents of classified documents seized by the FBI from his Florida estate last month in an ongoing criminal investigation.
Weiterlesen »

Trump lawyers oppose Justice Department request on classified documentsTrump lawyers oppose Justice Department request on classified documentsWASHINGTON (Reuters) -Former President Donald Trump's attorneys on Monday said they oppose the U.S. Justice Department's request to continue to review classified documents seized by the FBI from his Florida estate last month in an ongoing criminal investigation. In a court filing, his lawyers also asked U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon to require an independent arbiter, called a special master, to include the roughly 100 documents with classification markings in its review of more than 11,000 records recovered during the court-approved Aug. 8 search at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach. Trump is under investigation for retaining government records, some of which were marked as highly classified, at Mar-a-Lago after leaving office in January 2021.
Weiterlesen »

Trump lawyers oppose Justice Department effort to regain access to seized documentsTrump lawyers oppose Justice Department effort to regain access to seized documentsThe former president's legal team asked a federal judge to continue blocking Justice Department investigators from using the documents seized in the Mar-a-Lago search.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 10:10:15