Redeployment by Yemen's Houthis from three Red Sea ports carried out 'partly as agreed' by warring parties under peace deal - UN
As part of the"phase one" of a ceasefire, the Houthi movement's unilateral withdrawal from the key ports began on Saturday, in the most significant advance yet for efforts to end the four-year-old war and relieve hunger.
The United Nations on Tuesday said a redeployment by Yemen's Houthi movement from three Red Sea ports had been carried out "partly as agreed" by warring parties, under a peace deal that it hopes will pave the way for wider peace talks. "UN teams have been monitoring this redeployment which has been executed, partly as agreed by the Yemeni parties in the concept of phase one," the head of a UN mission to monitor the deal said in a statement after visiting the ports of Saleef, Ras Isa and Hudaida.He welcomed the fact that the ports had been handed over to local coast guards and urged the parties to finalise negotiations for a full implementation of the next stages of the Hudaida deal.
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
Yemen's Houthi rebels begin withdrawing from Hudaida portMohammed Ali al Houthi, the head of the rebels' Supreme Revolutionary Committee, said the pullout started on Saturday at 0700 GMT.
Weiterlesen »
UN says Houthis pullout from Yemen ports on trackThe United Nations says that redeployment of the Yemeni rebels from key Red Sea ports was proceeding as planned after the government accused the Houthi rebels of faking the pullout
Weiterlesen »
Day one of Houthi withdrawal from Yemen ports went according to plan, UN saysThe development marks the first concrete step since a fragile UN ceasefire agreement was brokered between the war-ravaged nation's rival parties last December.
Weiterlesen »
U.N. says first day of Houthi withdrawal from Yemen ports went to planThe first day of a withdrawal of forces by Yemen's Houthi movement from thr...
Weiterlesen »
Houthi rebels begin withdrawal from key ports in YemenSANAA, Yemen (AP) — Yemen's Houthi rebels began on Saturday a long-delayed withdrawal of their forces from the key port city of Hodeida, the group said, following the terms of a cease-fire. The...
Weiterlesen »
Saudi Arabia says oil infrastructure attacked by dronesHouthi rebels claim drone attacks a response to Saudi 'crimes' in Yemen. The assaults are the latest in a series of security challenges faced by the Middle East, following the alleged sabotage of oil tankers off UAE coast.
Weiterlesen »
Yemen’s Houthi Rebels Begin Withdrawal From Key PortHouthi rebels in Yemen began to withdraw fighters from the country’s most strategic port city, a move that if completed would mark a significant step toward salvaging a peace deal that hasn’t been implemented since it was brokered by the U.N. in December.
Weiterlesen »
Yemen's Houthis begin withdrawal from Hodeidah ports in boost to peace dealYemen's Houthi movement on Saturday started withdrawing forces from Saleef ...
Weiterlesen »
180 nations agree UN deal to regulate export of plastic wasteThe 1,400 representatives, meeting in Geneva reached the agreement after 12 days' discussion on what Rolph Payet, Executive Secretary of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) called 'one of the world’s most pressing environmental issues'.
Weiterlesen »
U.N. Secretary-General warns world 'not on track' to limiting temperature rise to 1.5 percent: TVNZUnited Nations Secretary-General António Guterres said the world was 'not o...
Weiterlesen »