Director Paul Haggis detained in Italy in sex assault case, reports say

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

Director Paul Haggis detained in Italy in sex assault case, reports say
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 ABC7
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 33 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 68%

Film director Paul Haggis was detained for investigation of allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman in southern Italy.

ROME -- Film director Paul Haggis was detained on Sunday for investigation of allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman in southern Italy, Italian news media said, quoting local prosecutors.

The news agency LaPresse and several other Italian media carried a written statement from prosecutors in the nearby city of Brindisi that they were investigating allegations a"young foreign woman" was forced to have"non-consensual" sexual relations over two days. The Brindisi prosecutors' office was closed on Sunday. Haggis's attorney didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Police at headquarters' operations room said they weren't authorized to give out information about the case, including whether Haggis was being held at the police station or at a hotel or other lodging.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

ABC7 /  🏆 67. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Paul Haggis, Oscar-Winning Screenwriter And Director, Detained In Italy For Alleged Sex AssaultPaul Haggis, Oscar-Winning Screenwriter And Director, Detained In Italy For Alleged Sex AssaultItalian authorities have detained Oscar-winning screenwriter and director Paul Haggis for investigation of allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman in southern Italy, according to the Associa…
Weiterlesen »

Director Paul Haggis Arrested in Italy on Sexual Assault ChargesDirector Paul Haggis Arrested in Italy on Sexual Assault ChargesThe 'Crash' and 'Million Dollar Baby' writer-director has previously been accused of sexual misconduct.
Weiterlesen »

Director Paul Haggis Arrested in Italy for Sexual AssaultDirector Paul Haggis Arrested in Italy for Sexual AssaultUPDATE: In a statement written in Italian, the Allora Fest said it 'will immediately eliminate any participation of the director from the event. At the same time, we express full solidarity with the woman involved in the matter.' Read the full statement:
Weiterlesen »

Reports: Paul Haggis detained in Italy in sex assault caseReports: Paul Haggis detained in Italy in sex assault caseOscar-winning film director Paul Haggis was detained on Sunday for investigation of allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman in southern Italy, Italian news media said, quoting local prosecutors. Haggis, 69, has been in Italy for a film festival.
Weiterlesen »

Paul Haggis Arrested in Italy on Sexual Assault ChargesPaul Haggis Arrested in Italy on Sexual Assault ChargesThe Oscar-winning writer-director of 'Crash' was as in the southern town of Ostuni for the upcoming Allora Fest.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 09:45:52