Public education officials in Colorado are considering a plan to tear down and r...
DENVER - Public education officials in Colorado are considering a plan to tear down and rebuild Columbine High School, saying the site remains a “source of inspiration” for potential gun violence 20 years after a mass shooting there left 15 people dead.
The proposal calls for placing a bond measure seeking $60 million to $70 million on a future ballot to pay for demolition of the existing school and construction of a new school to replace it just west of the current site. He cited numerous instances in which actual or would-be perpetrators of violence expressed a fascination with Columbine, including an 18-year-old Florida woman who shot herself to death in April after she sparked an extensive manhunt by traveling to Colorado days before the 20th anniversary of the 1999 massacre.In 2010, 29-year-old twin sisters from Australia, obsessed with the shooting, traveled to Colorado and shot themselves at a local gun range in a suicide pact.
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
School district considers tearing down Columbine High School due to increase in 'morbid fascination'Jeffco School District in Colorado is asking the community for their opinion on whether Columbine High School should be torn down and rebuilt due to a 'morbid fascination' with the school among some people, a letter from the district says
Weiterlesen »
Police arrest ex-deputy who 'did absolutely nothing to mitigate' school massacreGet breaking national and world news, broadcast video coverage, and exclusive interviews. Find the top news online at ABC news.
Weiterlesen »
YouTube says it'll ban accounts that promote Nazism, deny Sandy Hook massacreYouTube says it will ban supremacist content and remove videos that deny well-documented atrocities, like the Holocaust and the massacre at Sandy Hook elementary school
Weiterlesen »
Cardinal Pell back in prison while judges consider appealCardinal George Pell will remain behind bars while an Australian appeals court considers whether to overturn his conviction on five charges of sexually assaulting two choirboys in the 1990s.
Weiterlesen »
Australia, a Top Natural-Gas Exporter, Considers Imports to Stop BlackoutsThe energy crisis in Australia is so severe that the country, one of the biggest exporters of natural gas, is thinking about imports to avoid blackouts.
Weiterlesen »
Agent Asks Failing Actor If He’s Considered Becoming Alt-Right CommentatorLOS ANGELES—Stressing that the career move had done wonders for his other clients, agent Brendon Lourde asked struggling actor Greg Hartley Thursday if he has ever considered getting into some alt-right commentary. “To be honest with you, I’ve been getting a ton of hard passes on the booking front, but I think there’s some real demand for a middle-aged performer like you to start up a podcast where you, say, tear into political correctness while chatting with a few guests from the alt-right sphere,” said Lourde, stressing that he was just spitballing, but that addressing even one or two tweets to the men’s rights movement would drive Hartley’s following through the roof, which would pave the way for some “great synergy” with a comedy special appearing exclusively on Vimeo where he touched on realizing the greatness of Western Civilization after being red-pilled. “Sure, you might be a little squeamish about claiming shooting victims are crisis actors now. I get that. All I’m saying is that auditions dry up real fast for a guy around your age, and another client of mine made $50,000 last week just from selling shirts that said ‘No Homo’ over a shot him flipping off a gay pride march. Obviously, the choice is up to you, though.” At press time, the Hartley Files podcast had received 5 million viewers for a multi-hour episode in which its host sat down with Alex Jones.
Weiterlesen »