Bridgnorth mayor thought her Coronation invitation was 'spam'

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

Bridgnorth mayor thought her Coronation invitation was 'spam'
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 ShropshireStar
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 55 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 51%

The mayor of Bridgnorth said she had to pinch herself after receiving an invitation the King's Coronation in May.

Karen Sawbridge has been invited to attend the Coronation service on May 6, after King Charles extended invitations to the ceremony to 450 British Empire Medal recipients and 400 young people.

But Councillor Sawbridge said she thought the invitation from the Palace was spam when she received it last week. She said:"I saw the email and I thought, 'Yes, right, it must be spam'. I was really taken aback. So I made myself a cup of tea and double checked the email address and realised it was from the Cabinet Office.She said she even asked friend and former Bridgnorth mayor Ron Whittle, who has a CBE, if he was attending but he wasn't."So why me?"

Councillor Sawbridge, who received a BEM for services for grassroots rugby and for her work in the community in the 2022 New Year's Honours list, said the Palace has been strict as to who can attend Westminster Abbey on May 6. "I'm not allowed a plus one, so I will be going on my own and have to be at the Abbey at 7am, but then they have 2,000 people to seat. So it will be a long day, but I am so looking forward to it."They have invited 450 BEMs, so 20 per cent of us there will be from the people in the community, which is a wonderful thing that they have done.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

ShropshireStar /  🏆 98. in UK

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Bridgnorth charity worker 'thrilled' to receive Coronation Garden Party invitationBridgnorth charity worker 'thrilled' to receive Coronation Garden Party invitationA fundraiser for a charity that helps terminally ill children and their families, said she is 'thrilled' to have been sent an invitation to a Coronation Garden Party at Buckingham Palace next month.
Weiterlesen »

'Boy in the tent' among 850 charity and community representatives invited to the King's coronation'Boy in the tent' among 850 charity and community representatives invited to the King's coronationHundreds of British Empire Medal recipients have been invited to attend the event next month.
Weiterlesen »

Delight as King Charles invites hundreds of charity workers to coronationDelight as King Charles invites hundreds of charity workers to coronationKing Charles has delighted hundreds of charity workers, including the 'boy in the tent' hospice fundraiser, by inviting them to his coronation
Weiterlesen »

King Charles coronation: Invites sent to 850 community championsKing Charles coronation: Invites sent to 850 community championsA couple who created a lockdown food delivery service said it was 'humbling' to be invited.
Weiterlesen »

Hero grandad who delivered food parcels in pandemic to attend King's coronationHero grandad who delivered food parcels in pandemic to attend King's coronationA grandfather who thought he was the victim of a scam after being told he was receiving a British Empire Medal has said he feels 'privileged' after being invited to King Charles's coronation
Weiterlesen »

Over 850 community and charity representatives invited to King’s coronationOver 850 community and charity representatives invited to King’s coronationInvitations to the May 6 service at Westminster Abbey in central London have been extended to more than 450 British Empire Medal (BEM) recipients.
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 08:31:09