Arraignment postponed for suspect in horrific San Carlos beheading

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

Arraignment postponed for suspect in horrific San Carlos beheading
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 KPIXtv
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 27 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 53%

The arraignment for the man accused in the horrific beheading a young mother on San Carlos street in broad daylight last week was delayed Monday as his lawyer requested a mental competency exam.

According to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office, deputies were flagged down in the area of Magnolia Avenue and Laurel Street around 11:50 a.m. Thursday after witnesses reported an assault in progress. When deputies arrived, they found a woman dead at the scene. Witnesses told KPIX that the victim was beheaded in the attack.A makeshift memorial was established outside the apartment complex where she lived.Shortly after the assault, the suspect returned to the scene and was detained.

District Attorney Stephen Wagstaffe said Landaeta was non-responsive and did not speak during his brief court appearance. If he is found not competent, he will not be tried until he is deemed mentally competent. Family members including the victim's father and grandmother were present for the court hearing Monday but declined to speak, leaving the courthouse in tears.

Adrienne Murray told KPIX 5 that she is close with Castro's mother. She said Castro was outside her car when her boyfriend approached.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

KPIXtv /  🏆 443. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Man to be arraigned on murder charge in woman’s beheading in San CarlosMan to be arraigned on murder charge in woman’s beheading in San CarlosJose Rafael Solano Landaeta was the subject of a protective order when he is alleged to have killed Karina Castro, mother of his infant child, outside her apartment complex last week.
Weiterlesen »

Murder suspect arrested for San Carlos woman's reported beheadingMurder suspect arrested for San Carlos woman's reported beheadingA young mother was beheaded in an attack with a 'stabbing instrument' outside her home in San Carlos Thursday morning and a suspect who was in a relationship with her has been arrested.
Weiterlesen »

Vigil held for murdered San Carlos mother; legal analyst breaks down potential arguments in caseVigil held for murdered San Carlos mother; legal analyst breaks down potential arguments in caseThe man behind bars in connection to the beheading of a mother in San Carlos last week will face a judge for the first time on Monday at 1:30 PM in San Mateo County.
Weiterlesen »

San Diego police release name of 40-year-old man fatally shot in SouthcrestSan Diego police release name of 40-year-old man fatally shot in SouthcrestSan Diego police release name of 40-year-old man fatally shot in Southcrest [Breaking]
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 11:09:46