Air Force reverses policy that led to Pentagon reporter's phone being taken

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

Air Force reverses policy that led to Pentagon reporter's phone being taken
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 dcexaminer
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 58 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 27%
  • Publisher: 94%

The Air Force has rescinded a new policy that resulted in a credentialed foreign Pentagon reporter getting his phone confiscated during a Defense Department flight.

The situation played out during Deputy Defense Secretary Kathleen Hicks's flight to Norway on Sunday and involved a Reuters reporter who had been on similar travel previously.Shortly after the plane took off, a public affairs official asked the reporter to hand over his phone and was told that he couldn’t use his computer or AirPods. Another journalist on the trip who is a U.S. citizen did not have to give up any devices.

“The recent revision to security procedures was being implemented in an incremental manner, focusing first on non-U.S. travelers, but has since been rescinded by the 89th Airlift Wing commander and therefore no longer applies,” Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder, an Air Force spokesman, said in a statement. “Regrettably, this had the unintended effect of impacting one reporter on this past weekend’s mission,” he added. “I have personally reached out to the reporter to apologize for the inconvenience and miscommunication as we very much respect the role of a free press and welcome them aboard our flights. Any revisions to future security policies will be thoroughly coordinated with affected organizations, and communicated extensively with all travelers prior to missions.

Ryder said he had spoken with the reporter and apologized"for the inconvenience and miscommunication.""The Pentagon Press Association is glad the U.S. Air Force quickly rescinded a rule that would have prevented independent journalists from doing their jobs while traveling with defense officials,” the Pentagon Press Association said in a statement.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

dcexaminer /  🏆 6. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

3 Air Force Academy cadets who refused vaccine won't be commissioned3 Air Force Academy cadets who refused vaccine won't be commissionedThe three cadets will get degrees but 'will not be commissioned into the United States Air Force as long as they remain unvaccinated,' an Academy spokesperson said.
Weiterlesen »

Travis Air Force Base captain rescues mother from Ukraine amid Russian invasionTravis Air Force Base captain rescues mother from Ukraine amid Russian invasionShe planned her mother's escape over a two-week period. Her mom going from one safe house to the next - leaving everything behind.
Weiterlesen »

Air Force Cadets Who Refused COVID Vaccine Won’t Be CommissionedAir Force Cadets Who Refused COVID Vaccine Won’t Be CommissionedThree cadets at the U.S. Air Force Academy who refused to take the COVID-19 vaccine won’t be commissioned as military officers, though they will graduate with bachelor’s degrees.
Weiterlesen »

3 Air Force cadets who refused vaccine won't be commissioned3 Air Force cadets who refused vaccine won't be commissionedWASHINGTON (AP) — Three cadets at the U.S. Air Force Academy who have refused the COVID-19 vaccine will not be commissioned as military officers but will graduate with bachelor's degrees, the academy said Saturday.
Weiterlesen »

3 Air Force cadets who refused COVID-19 vaccine won't be commissioned3 Air Force cadets who refused COVID-19 vaccine won't be commissionedA fourth cadet who had refused the vaccine until about a week ago decided to be vaccinated and will graduate and become an Air Force officer.
Weiterlesen »

3 Air Force cadets who refused vaccine won’t be commissioned3 Air Force cadets who refused vaccine won’t be commissionedThree cadets at the U.S. Air Force Academy who have refused the COVID-19 vaccine will not be commissioned as military officers but will graduate with bachelor’s degrees, the academy said Satu…
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 15:45:40