Actress Annabella Sciorra is confronting Harvey Weinstein at his New York City rape trial, more than a quarter-century after she says he pinned her to a bed and raped her.
Actress Annabella Sciorra confronted Harvey Weinstein in court Thursday after keeping her rape accusation against the former Hollywood honcho largely hidden for decades.
Weinstein has insisted any sexual encounters were consensual. As he left court on Wednesday, he told reporters he felt “very confident” about the case.Sciorra’s allegations date back too far to be prosecuted on their own, but her testimony could be a factor as prosecutors look to show that Weinstein has engaged in a pattern of predatory behavior.a sense of the breadth of Weinstein’s alleged wrongdoing and insight into the power dynamics at play in his interactions with young actresses.
Sciorra alleges Weinstein showed up at her Manhattan apartment after dropping her off from a dinner, forced himself inside and raped her sometime in late 1993 or early 1994. Sciorra did not go to authorities because she feared reprisal from Weinstein, prosecutors said. She went public in the New Yorker in October 2017, telling the magazine that for years she had been “so ashamed of what happened.”
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen
Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.
Harvey Weinstein trial: 'Sopranos' actress Annabella Sciorra takes the stand, details rapeAnnabella Sciorra was the first accuser to take the stand in Harvey Weinstein's sex-crimes trial. She says he raped her in the winter of 1993-94.
Weiterlesen »
Annabella Sciorra Testifies That Harvey Weinstein Raped Her: ‘My Body Shut Down’Annabella Sciorra said in court testimony Thursday that Harvey Weinstein raped her more than two decades ago. Called as a witness for Weinstein’s rape trial in New York, the actor — at …
Weiterlesen »
Annabella Sciorra’s Alleged Sexual Assault Described During Weinstein Trial“Annabella remembers at some point giving up the fight and just hoping it would end,” said prosecutor Meghan Hast. “Annabella remembers not having any fight [left] in her body.”
Weiterlesen »
These are the women who plan to testify against Harvey WeinsteinAt least 100 women have publicly accused disgraced media mogul Harvey Weinstein of sexual abuse -- but the vast majority will have no part in his trial. Jurors at a New York state court will hear six of them.
Weiterlesen »
Weinstein Trial: Everything We Know About the Three Supporting WitnessesThe prosecution laid out its rape case against Harvey Weinstein on Wednesday morning, spelling out the allegations in detail for the first time. In her opening argument, Assistant District Attorney…
Weiterlesen »