2 men wrongfully convicted of 1976 murder freed after 43 years behind bars

Österreich Nachrichten Nachrichten

2 men wrongfully convicted of 1976 murder freed after 43 years behind bars
Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten,Österreich Schlagzeilen
  • 📰 ABC
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 46 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 22%
  • Publisher: 51%

'I feel very happy, and very sad that it took 43 years': Two men wrongfully convicted of 1976 murder freed after decades behind bars.

Good, who retired from law last year, said that she “had just started in the public defender’s office” months before she was assigned his case. She told ABC News that because various evidence -– including the ballistics data and witness testimony -– was not presented in the original trial, it was not part of the record and “in the appeal you only get what’s in the record.”

Nathan Myers, left, hugs his uncle, Clifford Williams, during a news conference after their 1976 murder convictions were overturned Thursday, March 28, 2019 in Jacksonville, Fla. Both men have maintained their innocence throughout the process, including on the morning of the shooting. In that letter, he also included a copy of an affidavit from a man who said that another person –- Nathaniel Lawson, now deceased – had confessed to the 1976 murder.

The CIR unit released a 77-page report on the case and their subsequent review, which includes the accounts of dozens of witnesses who were at the party when the shots rang out. "It is the opinion of the CIR that these men would not be convicted by a jury today if represented by competent counsel who presented all of the exculpatory evidence that exists in this case fort the jury's consideration," the report states.

Wir haben diese Nachrichten zusammengefasst, damit Sie sie schnell lesen können. Wenn Sie sich für die Nachrichten interessieren, können Sie den vollständigen Text hier lesen. Weiterlesen:

ABC /  🏆 471. in US

Österreich Neuesten Nachrichten, Österreich Schlagzeilen

Similar News:Sie können auch ähnliche Nachrichten wie diese lesen, die wir aus anderen Nachrichtenquellen gesammelt haben.

Iran president visits flood-hit zones as death toll hits 43Iran president visits flood-hit zones as death toll hits 43Iranian President Rouhani visits flood-hit zones after nine days of heavy rains inundate most of the country and kill 43 people
Weiterlesen »

The 43 most outrageous lines from Donald Trump's phone interview with Sean HannityThe 43 most outrageous lines from Donald Trump's phone interview with Sean HannityThere's no 'reporter' that President Donald Trump likes more than Fox News' Sean Hannity -- largely due to Hannity's unwavering, puppy dog-like support for the President. Trump likes to reward people who play nice with him, which brings us to the 45-minute phone interview he gave to Hannity on Wednesday night, the latest in a series of conversations between the two men.
Weiterlesen »

Florida man and nephew who spent 42 years in prison cleared of murderFlorida man and nephew who spent 42 years in prison cleared of murderFlorida man and nephew who spent 42 years in prison were cleared of murder. 'When we have an opportunity to correct errors, we should do so,' a prosecutor said.
Weiterlesen »

DNA testing exonerates dead man in Florida woman's murder 36 years laterDNA testing exonerates dead man in Florida woman's murder 36 years later
Weiterlesen »

Pompeo commits U.S. to finding, punishing those behind Saudi journalist's murderPompeo commits U.S. to finding, punishing those behind Saudi journalist's murderU.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told a congressional hearing on Wednesday th...
Weiterlesen »

Who is Robert Mueller, the man behind the report on Trump?Who is Robert Mueller, the man behind the report on Trump?Telling a lie was the 'worst sin' that could be committed in his household growing up, the former FBI director once recalled.
Weiterlesen »

The comical, true-life story behind “Our Man in Havana”The comical, true-life story behind “Our Man in Havana”Graham Greene was well acquainted with both spooks and Havana’s fleshpots
Weiterlesen »

Venezuelan government bars self-declared interim president from public office for 15 yearsVenezuelan government bars self-declared interim president from public office for 15 yearsThe announcement by state comptroller Elvis Amoroso, a close ally of President Nicolas Maduro, cited alleged irregularities in Juan Guaido's financial records and reflected a tightening of government pressure on an opposition movement backed by the United States and its allies.
Weiterlesen »

Venezuela's Guaido barred from public office for 15 yearsVenezuela's Guaido barred from public office for 15 yearsThe Venezuelan government said opposition leader Juan Guaido would be barred fro...
Weiterlesen »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 00:08:20